About our organization
BRENDA'S BROWN BOSOM BUDDIES
Brown Bosom Buddies is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit tailored to speak to Women of Color. BBBB is dedicated to the support, education and early detection of breast cancer for minority, low income and under-served women and men. BBBB is the amazing result of one woman’s passion and pursuit to conquer a disease and inspire a culture of women to do the same.
BBBB programs include but are not limited to:
• Assisting Breast Cancer Patients with transportation to and from Breast Cancer Treatments
• Financial Assistance with Mammograms
• Provide Light Housekeeping Assistance for recently diagnosed patients who have undergone surgery.
• Community Health Forums
• Partnering with the Birmingham Black Nurses Association via a Scholarship Assistance Award to a nursing student who has special interest in Breast Cancer
• “Brownie Award” honoring Breast Cancer Survivors each year at Pink Hat & Tie Luncheon. BBBB’s annual fundraising events include The Pink Hat/Tie Luncheon and Sistah Strut.
BBBB celebrates survivorship, educates and supports those who are affected by breast cancer.
PINK HAT & TIE LUNCHEON 2017 THE HARBERT CENTER – JUNE 10TH
COMMUNITY HEALTH FORUMS 2017
Pratt City Library Birmingham April 20th
McKenzie Court Tuscaloosa May 12th
Soldiers of the Cross Alabaster July 13th
West End Library Birmingham October 17th
SISTAH STRUT 2017 – 6 YEARS STRONG!
SISTAH STRUT WARM-UPS
Saturday, August 12th ~ “SS Warm-up with Sheila”!
11:00AM to Noon ~ Corner of Lomb & Cotton Avenues
Saturday, September 9th ~ “Struttin’ & Steppin’ to get in shape”!
12:30pm to 1:30pm McAlpine Recreation Center
1115 Avenue “F” Ensley
LEGION FIELD – SEPTEMBER 30TH
BRENDAS BROWN BOSOM BUDDIES
Follow BBBB on Instagram for the latest post, pictures and sightings.